Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Final Frontier

Iron Maiden is one of the most well-known bands in the world, and they deserve every ounce of respect they get. That's why I was excited to hear about their latest effort, "The Final Frontier". While it may not be as memorable as their earlier works, I believe it holds up well by itself. I know that a lot of hardcore fans aren't really into the newer albums, but I think this album definitely has some great moments.

That isn't to say that it's a flawless album by any means. There are some moments where you can hear Bruce Dickinson's age. He still sounds fantastic through most of the album, but he doesn't hit the notes quite as easily as he used to. Like pretty much every album, there are ups and downs. In comparison to their previous album, "A Matter of Life and Death", I would say it's about equal. It's a great album, and even after several listens I feel as though it gets better to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment